How to Install and Setup CLion For C/C++ Programming
Several C/C++ integrated development environments, such as CLion, VS Code, Codeblocks, etc, are available on the internet. But, if you are someone who loves to use JetBrains products, then CLion is for you. It is an IDE developed by JetBrains to run C/C++ programs. If you want to install CLion on your computer, then stick with me in this article. I guarantee you that CLion will be installed on your computer at the end of this article without any errors. Enough talks! Let’s get started :
Follow the below steps to install and set up CLion for C/C++ programming:
- First of all, you need to download the MinGW compiler to compile your C/C++ programs.
- Click here to download the MinGW compiler.
3. Install the MinGW compiler.
4. Now, add MinGW to the path by navigating to This PC→C:/→Program Files (x86)→MinGW-w64→i686-8.1.0-POSIX-dwarf-rt_v6-rev0→mingw32→bin.
Copy and paste the path in the environment variables. Right-click on This PC→Properties→Advanced System Settings→Environment variables.
5. Click on the path and then Edit→New. Paste the copied path here and click ‘ok.’
6. Click here to download the CLion IDE.
7. Install the .exe file, as shown in the below animation. Do not forget to check all the checkboxes shown in the below animation:
8. Reboot your computer at the time of installation, or you can reboot it later by clicking on “I want to manually reboot later.”
9. After rebooting your computer, type “CLion” on the Windows search bar and open the CLion IDE.
10. Click on “Do not import settings.”
11. If you have a license server or activation code, then you can easily activate it by entering them. Otherwise, you can use use the trial version(free for 30 days).
12. Click on evaluate for free. Enter your email address if you want to subscribe to the CLion newsletter.
13. Click on the “Evaluate” button.
14. Now, create a new project by clicking on the “Create New Project” button and click on “C Executable.”
15. Enter the name and the location of the project and then click on the “Create” button
Now you are all set to run C programs on CLion IDE without any interruptions. Let’s try to run a simple c program to check if everything is working correctly or not.
As you can see in the above animation, the C program is running perfectly. So, that’s how you can set up and run a C program in CLion IDE with ease. If you want to learn C programming in detail with notes for free, click here to watch my C programming tutorial.
Sir will I be able to create Pc and Mobile apps after your C and C++ course? Also sir please make a course on game development, but not using softwares like Unity, Unreal, Cry or any other, but using frameworks like Ursina Engine where our code is our game.
Thanks Harry Bhai!