Installing XAMPP, VS Code + Environment Setup | PHP Tutorial #1
In this series of videos, you will learn Php from start to end. If you are a beginner in programming or even unfamiliar with coding, these video tutorials will make you able to develop and deploy your own website using Php.
Before making our hands dirty with programming, lets set up the tools and environment necessary for this session.
You have to download Microsoft code editor named Visual Studio Code. It is one of the best code editors that provides pretty smooth programming experience. There are lot of features that make this editor best, like coloured keywords, files and folder navigation panel, syntax autocomplete etc.
1. Go to the link https://code.visualstudio.com/download to download VS Code for your respective operating system and platform.
2. Open the downloaded setup file and install it. The installation process is pretty simple and self-explanatory.
Next step is to install XAMPP software. It provides interpreters for scripts written in the Php, along with server solutions.
1. Go to the link https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html to download XAMPP according to your OS and platform.
2. Open the downloaded setup file. Follow the setup wizard and install it.
3. Run XAMPP after installation. Start MYSQL and APACHE servers by clicking Start in front of it.
Note: If you face any issue while starting the servers in step 3 regarding Port 80, make sure port 80 is not being used by any other application such as Skype. You can check the port usage stats in Resource Monitor of the windows OS.
Open web browser, type localhost/phpMyAdmin in the address bar and hit enter. The phpMyAdmin page will open proving that all the things are working right.
Code as described/written in the video
No Source Code Associated With This Video